Skip to content

Caster Cleric Gear

OnyxiusOnyxius Member Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hello Everyone,
Can someone recommend a site or some place on gearing a caster cleric? I'm playing with a friend of mine where he is a fighter and i'm the cleric healer/caster, and i'm not sure what to build for gear. Right now i'm using a mace and shield, mostly buff and heal abilities (i'm level 4). I'm not as familiar with this game and what gear to look for and end game gear to plan for. I read somewhere about T1 gear or T2 or something then lost the website, i'm not finding much at all on the interwebs other than some builds as far as points spent and some abilities.

Thanks
onyxius

Comments

• PhantomizerPhantomizer Member Posts: 76
    I think you might possibly be confusing Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition with Neverwinter Online...
  • OnyxiusOnyxius Member Posts: 7
    Nope, i'm new to building characters in general, and there is a lot of room for failure when creating a character.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    It's not tough for a Cleric. Heaviest armor and shield you can use and an amulet of Wisdom. You don't need more than 12 dex (13 if you really wanted dodge for some reason), even then 8 or 10 dex isn't bad for a Cleric. If you're going the divine might/divine shield route, you may want the best nymph cloak you can lay your hands on. Morning Star's probably the best weapon you can get, without investing feats into martial weapons.
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Unless you're a cleric who's casting DC based spells, an Amulet of Natural Armor is going to better than an Amulet of Wisdom.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Balkoth said:

Unless you're a cleric who's casting DC based spells, an Amulet of Natural Armor is going to better than an Amulet of Wisdom.

Depends on if you're on the front line or not. If you're rolling with a tank and a summon, AC doesn't matter much. Even if you are in front, it's not a huge difference, and you get extra spells for higher Wisdom, too.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It's different in D&D where roles are not as defined as they are in the mmo genre. You don't really have tanks and so on, because every character is a dps essentially.

The only difference is that in NWN cleric is one of the best dps, but also the best healer, and also one of the best tanks, and one of the best utility, and one of the best crowd control.

If you take a level of monk you will be able to forget heavy armor and get AC from dexterity and wisdom on top of charisma.