Skip to content

How do I turn on notifications in Steam?

ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
edited March 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
So I'm subscribed to several threads on Steam Workshop, but I'm not receiving notifications when players post comments (assuming that notifications are supposed to go to e-mail).

Any way to turn this on?

Also, any way to stop that really annoying e-mail verification on login? Steam doesn't seem to understand that in today's world we need to access their site from multiple devices (it's called the "internet").

Comments

• JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    edited March 2018
    Notifications are not meant to go to e-mail. When logged in, you will see a little green notification item at the top-right of the client - that's where notifications go.

As to e-mail verification, that is set in your account options. Once a device has been "verified" then you shouldn't need to do e-mail verification again.
    Post edited by Jimbobslimbob on
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    @Jimbobslimbob All I'm seeing in the Steam client top right is an envelope icon. Under "comments" it has one entry for a workshop item I created some time ago, but it doesn't mention my other items or the comments people have made on them.

Even if it was working, it doesn't really help, as I only have the Steam client on one platform, and don't want it running there unless there's DRM or uploading to do.

I guess there's no alternative to trawling through all of the pages of interest every day.

As to e-mail verification, I've had to do it 19 times over two devices since the Steam Workshop was released for EE.
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    That envelope icon is indeed the notification icon. It will show up even if logged in via a web browser. It sounds to me like you are actually not subscribed to the threads you want notifications from, as it works perfectly.