Skip to content

Yoshimo automatic AI after Spellhold (big spoiler)

_Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
I used the console and ctrl-Q in Spellhold to make Yoshimo join my party after he betrays CHARNAME.
However, the game automatically sets his behaviour so that:
- he will attack even if party AI is disabled, if stealthing he will leave the shadows as soon as he sees any hostile, giving other orders (like running away) is harder since he stops and is forced to attack again;
- he will be stuck to melee fighting, if I select the second weapon which is a bow, he will revert back to his katana, ignoring also customized script AI;
- if I remove all his weapons from the slots, the game automatically spawns two magical Yoshimo's Katana+1 that can't be removed.

I think these are old scripts forcing him to fight after the confrontation in the lab, maybe a new EE script preventing the old exploit of leaving him naked before entering Spellhold.
Well, actually these are not real problems, I dual classed him and he's now perhaps my best melee damage dealer, so who cares? However, it's a bit annoying when I don't want my party members to scatter and attack but stand still, forcing me to micromanage Yoshimo.

Do you know if I can change some variables with ShadowKeeper in order to reset his AI?

EDIT: tried to change "script override" from YOSHIMOX to YOSHIMO (I checked and it becomes YOSHIMOX after the betrayal), but he insta-perma-dies (perhaps in order to prevent another old exploit when you left Yoshimo outside Spellhold). Adding different script like MINSC gets erratic behaviour and Yoshimo is constantly trying to talk but can't.
Post edited by _Connacht_ on

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    That is a lot of effort. I'm curious why you did not use google and stumble over a "Keeping Yoshimo" mod.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Because ctrl-Q requires less effort (just pressing the keyboard) than installing a mod that edits game files
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

Because ctrl-Q requires less effort (just pressing the keyboard) than installing a mod that edits game files

yeah, but as you have seen it has countless unseen implications, hence the mod being needed to avoid script clashes like you have found. You are now looking at editing many variables via EE Keeper/console, with minimal knowledge about what is causing the problems with the scripts, that's gonna take you 1000x as long as just finding the mod, d/l'ing and installing it, lol.
    ThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

This is what happens when you entertain the idea of keeping that traitor alive. Once a traitor always a traitor and he will undermine you every step of the way.

Why, for the love of all that's holy, why?????????

Kill it, kill it with fire. :D
    tbone1Balrog99
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Can you really call him a traitor if he was never on your side in the first place? Never mind that he was influenced by magic against his will.
    ThacoBell said:

Can you really call him a traitor if he was never on your side in the first place? Never mind that he was influenced by magic against his will.

Yes.

Next question..... ;)
    tbone1lefreut
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736

If you're still thinking that, you can simply remove his override script entirely - there's nothing particularly interesting in yoshimox. I take no responsibility for anything else that may happen, though (not likely, but maybe).
    @UnderstandMouseMagic By definition a traitor has actually be aligned with a side and then switch suddenly. Yoshimo was a spy, he always worked for Irenicus.
    tbone1
    ThacoBell said:

@UnderstandMouseMagic By definition a traitor has actually be aligned with a side and then switch suddenly. Yoshimo was a spy, he always worked for Irenicus.

OK, OK, now you're just being picky. :p

Still hate him though..........(have you read my fic?) :D
    ThacoBelltbone1
    That's me B)
    UnderstandMouseMagictbone1
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169

This is what happens when you entertain the idea of keeping that traitor alive. Once a traitor always a traitor and he will undermine you every step of the way.

Why, for the love of all that's holy, why?????????

Kill it, kill it with fire. :D

Just for fun. I've been playing Baldur's Gate 2 since 2002 doing all the strangest things once left without regular outcomes to do, just to see what happens or to revitalize gaming, and I never played a full playthrough with the EE (bought one year ago) until now.
    UnderstandMouseMagic