Skip to content

Vermintide

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
Over the weekend, I discovered this series as the sequel, Vermintide 2 was getting alot of play in gaming media and rocketing up the Steam chart. I was the most unlikely candidate for these games. #1, I hate rats in real-life. #2, I've never really been a fan of Warhammer. But I'll be damned if these aren't two of the best games I've played in awhile. While it is primarily a co-op game, it can be played solo with an AI team. The real key here is the gameplay loop. It's like a mixture of Skyrim, Doom, and Destiny. You level up your team (or individual members in the sequel) and are rewarded with what is basically a loot-box at the end of each run based on varying factors such as what you are carrying or what you found during the level. The level design is excellent. The classes are unique and fun, the enemy hordes never-ending and disgusting. I would never in a million years expected to enjoy these games as much as I am.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Learn to love our furry rodent rodent friends. They are extremely smart and are even some of the very few mammals that can't catch rabies.