Skip to content

Sandboxing The Time of Atlantis (DM'd RP-action campaign for 3-5 players)

Hi everyone

I used to DM on neverwinterconnections . com and had a few cool games back then with cool players. Though, back then I was a newbie at building, being more of a writer and an artist than a programmer.

Since, then, Ive gotten pretty good at building. I can write NWScript from scratch and know the default include files and what they do, as well as how to use variables and tagbased scripting to make neat things happen.

Before EE came out, I was slowly putting togehter a PW for NWN2 but I eventually chose to port the concepts to NWN1. This happened around the same time Beamdog announced Beta for NWN: EE. So, Ive been gradually making areas and fleshing out a world: The Time of Atlants. Here is a link to the project on the vault:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/gameworld/time-atlantis

While its original intent was to be a hosted PW RP server, it will take me a long time before it gets there. Recently, Ive been considering doing something along the lines of my old thing at NWC - and basically kill two birds with one stone.

The mod doesnt presently have many of its functions implemented: the loot table system, the script that blocks one from taking PrC's, the random boss and treasure scripts. Ive been focusing on building the area framework first.

Nevertheless, by this point every newbie area is pretty much fleshed out as far as mapping goes and a I have a few newbie monsters set up. By the time a group could be assembled, I can easily make a 1st level adventure for them wherever they initally start out at. The rules for this DM campaign will be much more flexible than for the PW itself, so you can have people of a certain type in a starting area who normally would not be there because this will be a DM adventuring party and not a PW.

That said, it still will be generally low magic in nature as far as loot goes. It will be RP oriented, but I plan to not make long discussion scenes a norm. I got pretty good ratings for DMing when I was on NWC. I keep it entertaining, real, and interesting.

So, is anyone interested in starting a small party of 3-5 players? Time period for me is somewhat flexible, so the players who show the most genuine interest will be the ones the schedule is hinged on.

You can also literally start *anywhere* you can start in Shen or Lemuria and have an asian themed campaign, you can start in Harrapan, Sessania, or Mu and have a middle-eastern/african jungle themed campaign, you can start in Drachenia which is sort of 'Ravenloft' - ish.... there is also the Vallaurian/Jotunland region for a more eurocentric feel and Anchorome/Aztarra for a new world colonist vs. natives and strange new discoveries sort of campaign. And of course, there is Atlantis itself.