Skip to content

[Screenshots] Strange CEP Interactions, Help!

I'm having some strange results with my module, it has nothing but CEP 2.6. I'm hoping someone here may be more familiar with HAKs and might know why these things are happening.

1) Wings don't show up properly on the model. They float overhead, off the body. This is true both in the toolset and in the game client.

2) Armor appearances all have a robe model forced over them. I can't see the actual model -- only the robe type. Selecting robe type 0 also only forces a default monk robe, so I can't seem to work around it. This is happening even to default vanilla items such as the standard "Fullplate" baked into the toolkit.

Screenshots here including my hak settings:

https://imgur.com/a/wiZ2J

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

I'm having some strange results with my module, it has nothing but CEP 2.6. I'm hoping someone here may be more familiar with HAKs and might know why these things are happening.

1) Wings don't show up properly on the model. They float overhead, off the body. This is true both in the toolset and in the game client.

2) Armor appearances all have a robe model forced over them. I can't see the actual model -- only the robe type. Selecting robe type 0 also only forces a default monk robe, so I can't seem to work around it. This is happening even to default vanilla items such as the standard "Fullplate" baked into the toolkit.

Screenshots here including my hak settings:

https://imgur.com/a/wiZ2J

#1 is the latest ee patch causing this issue.

#2 I have read is a cep issue and will be fixed in the next release.
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    #2 Do you have CEP 2.64? If so, try updating to 2.65.
  • WhitegraveWhitegrave Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2018

#2 Do you have CEP 2.64? If so, try updating to 2.65.

Yes I did, however I just updated after making this post. No dice, though.

To be sure, I went directly into the CEP 2.65 pre-baked module "CEP - Starter 265 - All the Optional Haks" created a human male, and did nothing but change his wings appearance to Angel. It was showing the exact same issue. I don't mean to trouble you, but could you try replicating the issue on your end? Considering I'm also seeing the problem in the official starter module, I'm lost as to where to troubleshoot.

Nevermind, I see from the prior comment that issue #1 is EE-specific. Issue #2 with the robes is fixed in the 2.65 update. Thanks for chiming in!

I do have a question about installing CEP though. If I'm using the starter module "CEP - Starter 265 - All the Optional Haks" do I still need to import any of the erf files? Or are those baked into the haks? It's been a decade since I messed with this. Thanks

Lastly -- add_phenos5 is not used in any of the arrangements or in the installation instructions, what's up with that?
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    The starter modules include only the haks, not the contents of the erf files. If you want those, you would import them yourself.

cep2_add_phenos5.hak is now an empty hak, but is kept in the download to stay backward compatible with modules built with CEP 2.4 (and maybe earlier?). I resorted files internally to make the phenos haks actually optional (as of 2.62, I think) and did not need to use a 5th hak.

Backward compatibility is also why the download includes old top haks going back to version 2.1, along with other older, no-longer used haks. Makes the download slightly larger, but it means you can play many more modules and servers that were previously built by people in the community.
  • WhitegraveWhitegrave Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for filling me in, makes a lot more sense.