Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

SoD on Amazon Fire HD 10

I was wondering if anyone knows how well SoD runs on an Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet? I understand that it is easy enough to install the google play store and then SoD, and I am aware that the Amazon Fire HD 10 has the minimum specs necessary to run BG:EE and SoD, but I specifically want to know if anyone finds that the game lags on this tablet?

Unless SoD runs buttery smooth with no performance slowdowns or issues during battles, I may buy a new IPad instead. But if someone can let me know their experiences with the Fire HD 10 and SoD, then I may be able to save a hundred dollars or so. Please let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2
    I have no idea how it runs on Amazon Fire HD 10, but I can tell you that the "minimum" that Beamdog set is bad, at least on my Nexus 7. All the extras that were added to SoD (which look awesome) create a LOT of slowdown, I'm talking like 50% slowdown here.

Honestly, Beamdog needs to re-evaluate the minimum here; since you can't really turn down many settings, if someone buys SoD thinking their tablet can run it, they are SOL if they end up with a device like mine which can "run" it but at a consistent and extreme slowdown.

Short answer: don't count on the minimum, try to base your tablet needs off of whatever is the "recommended."