Skip to content

Books (and Letters / Notes) in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition?

EksevisEksevis Member Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
So, I'm sort of working on an archive of books from games, and their content (though not where they are found), and I've begun work on Neverwinter Nights. No copyright infringement is intended, and I claim no ownership of anything on there - all I've done is personally typed 99.99% of the books featured in my archive, and to my knowledge, this is perfectly legal. On to the point;

I wish to know which books are in Neverwinter Nights and which campaign (or premium module) they came from. So far, I know of and have fully typed 31 of them, all of which, as far as I know, belong to the original campaign;

1. Anonymous Letter
2. Black Grimoire
3. Famous Citizens of the Sword Coast
4. Gulnan's Journal
5. Halueth Dig Logbook
6. In Service of Cyric
7. In Service of Gulnan
8. Journal of Marcus Penhold
9. Lady Tanglebrook's Journal
10. Letter from Oleff
11. Luskan's Arcane Brotherhood
12. Port Llast
13. Prison Logbook
14. The City of Neverwinter
15. The Dessarian River
16. The Head Gaoler's Journal
17. The Imps' Prison
18. The Leadership of Neverwinter
19. The Nether Scrolls
20. The Northern Four Adventuring Troupe
21. The Rise & Fall of Netheril
22. The Rival Orc Tribes & their Great Battles
23. The Sword Coast
24. The Time of Troubles
25. The War of Light and Darkness
26. Uthgardt Barbarians
27. War of the Creator Races
28. Waterdeep
29. Wind by the Fireside
30. Auction Announcement
31. Crumpled Note

So that I may eventually find all of the books and know when the collection is completed, I would like to know what the names are (or at least how many there are in total, including these 29), and what campaign and premium modules they are derived from (for organizational purposes).

Thank you very much for your assistance!

P.S.
29 updated to 31 with the addition of Auction Announcement & Crumpled Note (I forgot to include them).
Post edited by Eksevis on

Comments

• ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Why don't you open the modules in the toolset (which can be done if you copy them from data/nwm to your documents folder/Neverwinter Nights/modules and change the extension from .nwm to .mod) look for the books and just copy and paste their content?
  • EksevisEksevis Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2018
    I had no knowledge of the file contents and their files - though admittedly this is giving I haven't exactly looked. Plus I prefer to actually read what I'm typing, and if I copy-and-paste it, I wouldn't know what they're about.

I suppose I'd be alright with doing it with the ones that, for what ever reason, were cut and not placed anywhere, and though I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are any, I am presently unaware of such books.

I guess i can do it AT LEAST to find out how many books there are. And if the ones that aren't found in game aren't obvious, I'd much appreciate being told that, as I would, admittedly, be somewhat surprised if there was a page full of the cut lore / cut books.

Okay so, how do you find the books? I got all chapters and all campaigns to look through.
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Open any area and then go to the "Paint Items" tab, "Standard", "Miscellaneous" and "Books". This is where the books are. At least the ones you will find on bookshelves. Books that are needed for quests can be found under "Custom", "Miscellaneous", "Books" and letters and such can be found under "Custom", "Plot Item".
  • EksevisEksevis Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2018
    One last thing - regardless of the area selected, are all "lore books" displayed that are found within the specific chapter (or prologue / intermission)?

I believe my archive for the original campaign's books / letters / notes is complete.