Skip to content

Unable to play multiplayer on the same internet connection

On the unenhanced version of Neverwinter Nights my brother and I were always able to play together on the same server, but since getting the enhanced edition, we tried to play together on the Zombie Survival server and we were experiencing weird bugs.

My brother's character was essentially cloned so he had a body double of his character standing right next to him, also whenever someone would type something in chat I would see the line of dialog twice instead of once, and sometimes my camera would randomly pan over his "clone" as if I was playing that character and I could see my actual guy from a detached 3rd person perspective.

After roleplaying that I no longer wished to live, and wanted to die brutally to the evil zombie hordes, I attempted to transition out of the area but was unable to load the next area and was forced to control-alt-delete.

Now if I remember correctly, I recall some people talking about the clone bug happening to them on the old version, but it never happened to us until getting the enhanced. Does anyone know how to fix this?