Skip to content

"UDP punchthrough" problems

I've been struggling with this for 3 days now. There are several servers that show up in the server list, and that I can log into and play normally, but after a few hours I get disconnected. Attempts to relog into the server gives me "attempting UDP punchthrough... punchthrough failed". On top of this, if I restart NWN:EE, the servers where this problem exists will no longer show up in the server list, and if they are in history or favorites will show up as "unknown".

I've played around with the firewall on my PC and my router for hours. I've enabled ALL UDP traffic on my PC, incoming and outgoing, and all UDP traffic on my router, incoming and outgoing. Its made no difference.

Sometimes I can log into these servers, and sometimes not. Hours can go by without any problems, when I may suddenly be kicked out of the game. There is no error message when I am kicked out of a server; I simply experience a loss of connectivity, and have to manually quit the login.

My current status is that I have just freshly booted up my PC, started up NWN:EE, and several servers are listed as "unknown" in favorites/history, or not even present in the server list. And I can't think of anything else to try. Nothing I change on my end seems to have any effect.

Comments

• AvatarOfWarAvatarOfWar Member Posts: 9
    I was patient waiting for a response due to the holiday, but that patience is wearing thin. The holiday was over 3 days ago. Why not a single reply? No questions for me on additional information? No advice for me on checking logs I might not know about? Nothing, really? Every day its a crapshoot if I'll even be able to play NWN multiplayer or not. Sometimes I log in and get this error message for half an hour of attempts. Sometimes I can log in without a complaint, play for an hour, only to log out and attempt to log back in immediately, and get this error again.

I've reset my modem, my router, my PC, checked every option on my router, allowed everything dealing with UDP through the firewall on both, and nothing seems to help. Its completely random if I get this problem or not.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What OS and platform are you playing on?
  • AvatarOfWarAvatarOfWar Member Posts: 9
    Windows 7 64-bit, running NWN:EE from Steam. System is an AMD Phenom II x6 1090T, NVidia GTX 960 graphics card, and 8 Gb of RAM. Router is a PACE 5268AC supplied by AT&T for wireless internet service.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Odd, and you're running the latest version of the game (8166)? I'm out of my depth here. Best thing to do is register it as a bug on https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/nwn-ee-public-bugs as that is the dedicated bug-tracker.
  • BehindflayerBehindflayer Member Posts: 36
    Have you tried forwarding your port (I think 5121)?