Skip to content

Animation cycle activation through script

I wanted to know if it's possible to activate/deactivate the animation cycle of a certain tile within an area with scripting
For example there are some buildings that have a smithy that is on/off through animation cycle and i would like to activate/deactivae it at certain hours of the day/night
this to make a real living city within a module

Thanks in advance for the replies

Comments

• prwoprwo Member Posts: 69
    To my knowledge activating an animation for a tile is not possible.

You can change a tile's lighting using SetTileMainLightColor / SetTileSourceLightColor though.

There are placeables that have a state, which you can activate or deactivate.
  • the_riblothe_riblo Member Posts: 26
    Oh... It's a pity... :'(
    I Will remove those tiles and stay to a more conventional shop area with night locking Doors then...
  • PyromancerPyromancer Member Posts: 1
    If you want some life-cycle you can script NPC's to show up at work at a certain time then go home at a certain time instead of just keeping them all in one spot and locking the doors.

For instance, build a little smithy area with placeables on the side of a house, and have your smith come outside every morning and walk around to various waypoints and do various animations, then go back inside at night.
  • prwoprwo Member Posts: 69
    Another option to script changes to static tiles is to duplicate the area in the toolset, change what you want to change, and then, e.g. in the OnAreaTransitionClick scripts of all entries jump to the appropriate area.