Skip to content

Copying over old mods, saves modules etc.

Raven_MorpheusRaven_Morpheus Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hello

New to these forums so apologies if this has already been discussed, I did try a search but couldn't find an answer.

I purchased NWN EE today.

I have the Diamond Edition along with Pirates of the Sword Coast and the other premium modules, and I have added several mods to that installed copy of NWN.

I'm wondering how to transfer the mods I have, my saves, and also the preimium modules to the Enhanced Edition - I've examined the file structure and it looks different to the original game so I'm slightly confused.

Please can anyone here help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited April 2018
    EE normally keeps user content (including saves and mods) in your Documents\Neverwinter Nights folder.

Back up that folder, just in case.

You simply need to copy most of the subfolders from your old NWN folder to Documents\Neverwinter Nights.

Don't copy the files because EE has new versions of the .ini that you don't want to overwrite.

If you want to save space,
    there's no need to copy the subfolders data, miles, nwm or texturepacks, which contain official content that EE already has in your user Beamdog Library folder. Also, strictly speaking, you don't need to copy the official files in ambient, movies and music, but you will need any custom files you may have added to those folders.

Alternatively, you can tell EE to use your old folders
    by editing the paths in the new nwn.ini (found in Documents\Neverwinter Nights).

In the unlikely event that you were using patch haks,
    you need to copy nwpatch.ini to Documents\Neverwinter Nights, rename it userpatch.ini, and edit nwn.ini to set a path to the haks.

Not sure about the Premium Mods - you might need to repurchase?
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Yup, as Proleric says. I decided it makes more sense to point the ini files to my old hak folder instead of copying stuff, as the sizes aren't insignificant and copying simply doubles it.
  • Raven_MorpheusRaven_Morpheus Member Posts: 2
    OK thanks, that's great.