Skip to content

Can't Join Fav Servers

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
edited April 2018 in Technical Support
So, against all odds I purchased the EE and uninstalled my old GoG version.

The problem is: now I can't play in any server that I used to. Every single one of them says that my version and the server's version are not the same.

Playing on Steam.

What can I do? As a Brazilian I think that it is unlikely that my servers will migrate to the EE anytime soon - most of the people that plays with me wasn't aware of an EE. To be honest, the only reason I knew is because I play BG(2)EE/IWDEE. But that's another story.

One of the reasons why I bought NWNEE is because of the backward compatibility that was promised, so I think that a solution exists.

Thanks!

Edit: The server is 24/7 and was not showing on the servers list. I could only find it by using the server's IP on Direct Connect.

Comments

• BehindflayerBehindflayer Member Posts: 36
    Modules are backwards compatible in the sense that you could play the module with your EE, but you can't play with players or on servers using old NWN. You probably should have looked at the EE as a longterm project rather than something to immediately replace your NWN Gold. Too bad that the EE doesn't have all that much to offer over the regular game yet.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Thanks, time to take a peek on how Steam's refund policy works.