Skip to content

Steamworks for the steam version.

When I heard that there was going to be an Enhanced Edition for Neverwinter Nights, I got excited. Having played the original game and bought the expansions when they came out, the game made me love RPGs and D&D.

I saw that they were releasing the game onto the Steam store and thought how lively the game is going to be, how new players could experience one of the best RPGs in the video game world. Then I thought about getting my mates together and playing it online together, sadly this is when I noticed that the only thing that was being updated for multiplayer was the size of players for servers and a server list.

Due to broadband and providers issues, I can't portforward that easily and no one in my group can too. This is when it struck me that while this update for such an old game is amazing and that newer/returning player could experience it, the game not having Steamworks for multiplayer makes it hard for those players to connect with each other and to play with friends.

Most players nowadays don't know how to portforward and some cannot do it, it would be great for the Steam version to have Steamworks so we can all connect and play together much easier then ever before.

Still I'm happy just due to players getting an chance to play this game with improved UI and features, keep up the good work and I hope Neverwinter Nights grows a big community again.