Skip to content

neverrun.pw - A new Server Listing for NWN, NWN:EE, and NWN2

jmd28jmd28 Member Posts: 11
edited April 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
neverrun.pw - Neverwinter Nights Servers

There are still some improvements to be made especially on mobile devices, but I'd love to here any feedback (positive or negative).

Features for Players:
  • Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and Neverwinter Nights 2 server listings all in one place!
  • Responsive design so you can browse servers on your PC, Tablet, or Phone.
  • Find the latest player counts and most popular times of the day to play.
  • If you're looking for a new server, look in the menu for "Find Something New", select your preferred game and hit refresh until you find something that sparks your interests.
  • Easily copy server addresses for use with Direct Connect.
  • Share your opinions and recommendations with a per server comment section (powered by Disqus).
  • Server name sanitization. (Removing leading zeros, spaces, and punctuation that some use to game server list ordering)
Features for Hosts:

Comments

• loudentloudent Member Posts: 38
    pretty nice. There area already a few of these kinds of sites out there but I like the setup on this one.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2018
    I use the Beamdog one https://nwn.beamdog.net/ for the ee lists. Cool to see other options out there!
  • loudentloudent Member Posts: 38
    @Sylvus_Moonbow So the cool thing about the site mentioned here is that he uses the Beamdog API for the EE list and uses Skywing's API to get NWN1 and NWN2 Pws
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2018
    Cool. I guess a serverlist always could be indefinately improved I guess.

I'm however lacking some NWN1 servers. My own to start with :D

Edit: My bad, it seems to be there now :o
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It would be nice if there was a way to filter out the private/locked servers and the single player module in multiplayer non-servers.
  • jmd28jmd28 Member Posts: 11
    Cheers thank you all for the feedback.

@superfly2000 I would ha handed edited your server in, glad it showed up. From a server hosts perspective how would you like a server listing to be better? What can be done to increase new player engagement, a general sense of the vibrancy of the game? What is it that you might like to communicate but can't given the current mechanisms available? Sorry I been doing a lot of online surveys because @niv refuses to hire me to bring him coffee.

@FreshLemonBun (nice name btw) how would that ideally work for you? A checkbox or visual cues (like private servers in red or some such?)
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    A tab for modules and a tab for persistent worlds, or a checkbox. You might have to do some string identification on the module names like "chapter one", "prelude", "infinite dungeon", "Aielund Saga" and other official and popular modules.

The motivation is that there's just no point in including games that aren't servers in a list for servers, and it hides a lot of the real servers with lower player totals that could use more visibility. Also if someone wants to quickly see the player spread between the old and new list it's pretty tedious to manually count all the co-op games and subtract them. The old server lists for NWN and NWN2 don't have this problem because of how the replacement is set up, so co-op is never shown.