Skip to content

Two Bugs & One Suggestion

Bugs (I think):
1.) I can't attack! I'll engage an enemy or several, my character takes the offensive position but won't swing. My character is a Fighter (6), Weapon Master (3). I'm in the Caves north around Port Last; where the farmer wants his wife back.

2.) On "Easy" difficulty, monsters are hitting me and my henchmen with Critical Hits for some reason. Critical Hits on Easy, are not supposed to affect players (henchmen too, maybe) I think.

Suggestion:
1.) Make an easier difficulty mode please. I'm on Easy difficulty and I'm getting spanked on a regular basis. I started out as a fighter, most likely the easiest character type, but I get killed so easily. Poisoned, diseased, frightened, level drained, and stunned all seem to really mess me up and I have trouble surviving. If possible, make a "Very Easy" difficulty mode where monsters do only 25% of their natural damage. Stun, fear, level drained, poison, and disease don't affect the player as long, or at all.

Many thanks for rebuilding this great game.

Comments

• Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Update:
    That bug I posted about not figting - lots of stuff on this character ain't working right. I got to a safe spot and tried to use the portal stone, but it didn't work. He just stood there in the position of getting ready to act on something (where a character wiggles a little back and forth). So far, he don't attack, nor does he use items.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Report it in the bugs sub forums

By the way, cleric is easier than fighter IF you know how to play
    JuliusBorisov
    helmo1977 said:

I don't see a bugs forum, could you point me in the right direction please?

Also about the non-movement, it seems to be triggered by usying Whirlwind Attack.
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Ugly_Duck said:

Poisoned, diseased, frightened, level drained, and stunned all seem to really mess me up and I have trouble surviving.

Golden Circlet is sold by Eltoora in Port Llast (northern part of map). It'll block all mind affecting spells including frightened and stunned.

Belt of Guiding Light is also sold by Eltoora and will make you immune to Death Magic.

Get Potions of Lesser Restoration to cure yourself of stat drain (or Potions of Antidote to remove the poison entirely -- Lesser Restoration is cheaper if the poison has already done its damage, though). Disease you can get cured at a temple (or remove the damage with Lesser Restoration).

If you want to send me your save game I can give more advice and feedback.
    Lots of that stuff costs a bit of coin. Considering in the early stages of the game you get like 12 gold per kill or loot from chests. Those items are very expensive a broke noobie like me
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    They're not that expensive and you're in Chapter 2 at this point, not level 3 when you're broke...

How much gold do you have at the moment? Should be finding items that sell for hundreds or thousands of gold at this point...
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Ugly_Duck said:

helmo1977 said:

I don't see a bugs forum, could you point me in the right direction please?

Also about the non-movement, it seems to be triggered by usying Whirlwind Attack.
    You can submit bugs in the technical support forum of NWN.
    JuliusBorisov