Skip to content

Familiar mods?

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
Does anyone know of any mods that make familiars useful beyond just sticking in your backpack for health? I prefer to have them travel with my charname, but they are really easy to deadify. Something that allows them to level up with your character possibly? I've heard of WTP familiars, but that one isn't EE compatible (sigh).

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've seen the Tome/Blood discussion. I'd be down for that. I didn't realize WTP had an EE version. THanks for pointing that out.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    I have a component that customizes familiars and improves them over time in my mod:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18108/mod-more-style-for-mages-v1-55/p1
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Pecca Thanks!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2018
    I was considering making a mod to change the familiar system, but I was wondering, the "Add Familiar" action, what exactly does it do? the creature that was flagged with the "add familiar" action, will they follow you between maps and all that?
    Thing is, I could do something similar to the Haiass wolf companion mod, but I find out that the script is very heavy and resource-demanding, so if Add Familiar manages traveling between areas it should work without the slowed game and occasional crash...
    Yeah, familiars follow you between maps.