Skip to content

How to use iprp_matcost.2da properly?

This has been something that's stumped me for years. It also applies to iprp_qualcost.2da.

So I change the cost values in iprp_matcost.2da. Here's an example:

, where Gold was set at 0 by default.

So I dump the .2da into my override folder, yet when I change the material of an item in the toolset, it doesn't make a difference. I stick the same .2da into a .hak file and put that .hak at the top of my load order, and it still doesn't affect anything.

I have also tried using decimal values between 0 and 1 to modify the cost, and that didn't cause any changes either.

How do I use this properly? I don't want the materials to do anything besides affect the cost of items.

Comments

• ValgavValgav Member Posts: 25
    That's due to fact it is integer not float and is probably rounded to zero when below 1: https://nwnlexicon.com/index.php/ItemPropertyMaterial
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited April 2018
    These are multiple of your base.
    Update forgot you have to change
    ItemPropDef.2da
    make the material from **** to .1 or something that you like. I have mine at .5
    Post edited by ShadowM on
  • krynnmeridiakrynnmeridia Member Posts: 14
    ShadowM said:

These are multiple of your base.
    Update forgot you have to change
    ItemPropDef.2da
    make the material from **** to .1 or something that you like. I have mine at .5

Bless you, this is the answer I have been seeking. I've never seen this .2da mentioned before and it solved the issue.

@Valgav, it is actually a float. The only number that needs to be an integer in iprp_matcost.2da is the first number column, which is just numbering which material it is.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    You might find the 2da reference of use. It is an xls spreadsheet and is part of this collection.

TR