Skip to content

4 links

A lot of you may have visited the NeverwinterVault.org and found the forums on there somewhat confusing. That is because it now uses Discourse as the main platform it runs on. The previous forums are still there but will soon be made read only. To help with this, I posted a thread (pinned) entitled "A Short Tour of These Forums". Of course to make full use of this information you need to register on the site. One of the things that works differently is how pinned threads work. As a test to make sure what I had read about Discourse, in this respect, was true I created a thread. Not wanting to waste valuable resources, I detailed 20 Windows Keyboard short-cuts that you may find useful.

The other thing that people (including old hands) have trouble with, on the vault, is searching for stuff. To help with this, there are a couple of threads that have been created. These threads both contain numerous links to stuff you may find useful. The first of these (mostly) deals with tutorials and is found here. The second is there for module builders with limited or no scripting knowledge. It also has numerous links. These particular links take you to various things that have been made over the years that are plug and play. That is you can drop them into a module with very little if any additional scripting. This last thread is found here.

Hope this is of use.

TR

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Maybe it shouldn't use discourse then, just a thought and personal 2 cents.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited April 2018
    It was tried for several months alongside the old forums. Then a vote was taken. The overwhelming majority voted to adopt Discourse as a replacement for the old forums. It has a number of advantages.
    • It is Free to use as long as you administer it yourself.
    • It is open source.
    • It has a preview window alongside the window into which you type allowing you to instantly see the effect of such things as BBCode.
    • Compared to the old forums it simplifies some things and allows others that were not available in the old forums.
    TR