Skip to content

Fix the Skills.2da please!

Not sure where this goes but currently the skills.2da cannot be padded (****) to make room for any future official additions while adding custom skills to the game. This has been broken since the original game since it reports as Bad Stref in the skill list. I recall the addition of the Ride skill broke everything custom skill related in my server since all of the skills moved up by 1.

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Unfortunately you can't toggle row visibility with a column option of "remove skill" or "pc skill" which also makes it look sloppy when you want to remove old skills from your module like parry. It has been suggested, for example as an option in the parry discussion, but so far it doesn't seem like they're tackling the issue.

I think NWN2 made it much easier by adding a removal column for unwanted skills.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited April 2018
    The best you can do to remove skills is name them Z Removed in naming so they are at the bottom of the list and make them not usable by all classes. There a lot of issues with skills that need to be fixed.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Yet you can't actually remove them so you still have a cluster of greyed out skills showing up, it just looks bad.
  • JBobbJBobb Member Posts: 29
    I did notice when you look at the character sheet it has to have a minimum of 21 skills listed. If you add padding like Z Unused, they won't show up if you have at least 21 skills on the character's allowed list. Leveling up, that's a different story.