Skip to content

Allow doors to 'listen' again.

Wasn't sure where to put this suggestion/request, so doing it here in the hope it can find its way onto the Trello board.

At Arelith we use a number of 'listening' doors, which when given a correct pass phrase, opens.

This no longer works on EE.

PCs can no longer initiate conversations with doors. (Doors can initiate conversations with PCs).
It looks like the OnDialog event no longer triggers for a door, meaning nw_g0_conversat (the default dialog event handler) never triggers. This used to trigger in 1.69.

If this cannot be done it would be great to know, as it would require a remake of a number of our areas & features which I probably should not delay for much longer.

Comments

• NytelockNytelock Member Posts: 23
    I don't know the technical details of how but CEP Nexus server has several of these puzzle doors and they work fine on EE.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    The OnFailToOpen event script starts door conversations as normal in EE.

AFAIK OnDialog has never been a door event.
  • RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    I think he's not explaining his issue properly. It has nothing to do with a conversation, and everything to do with a 'listener' or specifically, the ability to detect chat messages from Player Characters.

In the past, before there was the "OnPlayerChat" module event, people would utilize 'listener' creatures (invisible, untargetable, plot creatures) which contained a creature event to detect player chat messages.

Utilizing that approach, you could have players need to provide an answer without the answer being one of the chat options, but instead something they had to actually type and hit enter.

My guess, is that they are doing something similiar. Why it would be broken now, I am unsure, I don't think those events were modified in any way.