Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

NPC greeting sounds

HeinrichStahlfaustHeinrichStahlfaust Member Posts: 1
No problems in Baldurs Gate 1 EE o 2 EE. But in Icewind Dale EE the 'you clicked a NPC and he says somethings funny or greets' sound is gone.

Is this somekind of bug?

Comments

  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 178
    Eh, I kinda miss that from BG.

  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,772
    As I recall, the original IWD didn't have that feature at all. Strange, but I got used to it pretty fast.

    Aedan
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 178
    Quartz said:

    As I recall, the original IWD didn't have that feature at all. Strange, but I got used to it pretty fast.

    They probably did it to keep the game smaller and avoid the 5 (or was it six?) CDs extravaganza that was BG1. They went further with the cuts in IWD2, removing some battle animations, so instead of holding his weapon/s in anticipation while waiting for the next attack, characters would use the idle standing animations, like look around or stretch the arms. It looked so weird.

  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 781
    edited April 2018
    there's none, it's not a bug. Creates a sort of unique feeling if you ask me.
    toolarg said:

    Quartz said:

    As I recall, the original IWD didn't have that feature at all. Strange, but I got used to it pretty fast.

    They probably did it to keep the game smaller and avoid the 5 (or was it six?) CDs extravaganza that was BG1. They went further with the cuts in IWD2, removing some battle animations, so instead of holding his weapon/s in anticipation while waiting for the next attack, characters would use the idle standing animations, like look around or stretch the arms. It looked so weird.
    I believe that's only in the original HoW

  • svfnsvfn Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2018
    there is extra lines for created characters in IWD1. IWD:EE seem to have cut it, or is bugged. here's a vid of newly created character in IWD1. also most the interplay EE editions (BG1/2/IWD) sounds noisy/low bitrate, when compared to the original sounds.

  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 2,813
    The funny lines were sometimes to extravagant to be that constant ,they put it back to the way it was before , rarer as they should be.

  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 781
    svfn said:

    there is extra lines for created characters in IWD1. IWD:EE seem to have cut it, or is bugged. here's a vid of newly created character in IWD1. also most the interplay EE editions (BG1/2/IWD) sounds noisy/low bitrate, when compared to the original sounds.

    I believe this thread is about non-playable characters which is the blue-circled people.

    Aedan
  • svfnsvfn Member Posts: 7
    still, it shows that some of the lines that belong to the same voiceset in the EE were omitted, could not get it to play.

Sign In or Register to comment.