Skip to content

Help with Temple Stronghold Quest

10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
Can any one shed some light on this for me. I am a neutral evil Assassin 13 > Cleric 11 and I have just completed the unseeing eye quest that I believe gives you your strong hold. I made a save before I clamed my reward for completing the quest to be on the save side. I then spoke to the priest of Helm who gave me the reward but it also seemed like he was trying to recruit me into the temple of Helm. I was sure being of an evil alignment that I would be recruited in to the temple of Talos. Also I have Dorn with me and we have completed his quest so it dose not seem right from a RP point of view to join the temple of Helm.

I have still not collected my reward from the Helm priest yet but have completed two quests for the Talos priest, Sir Sarles and the ring of Lathander and he now just says come back when we have more work for you.

I really wanted to join the temple of Talos have I done something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Your temple type is selected 1st time you enter the Temple district and listen to Gaal's speech, the Cleric that appears and insists you meet them in their temple after the speech is over determines your stronghold. I doubt very much you would be able to switch it from Helm to Talos via EE Keeper at this stage.

For the record at my patch level with my mods i have been offered Talos as a Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil alignment, but i know the requirements were changed at some point in the EE patch cycle. Perhaps your reputation also plays a part, could well be that a NG with a low rep or a NE with a high rep would be offered Helm and not Lathlander/Talos, but i'm just guessing.
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Borek said:

Your temple type is selected 1st time you enter the Temple district and listen to Gaal's speech, the Cleric that appears and insists you meet them in their temple after the speech is over determines your stronghold. I doubt very much you would be able to switch it from Helm to Talos via EE Keeper at this stage.

For the record at my patch level with my mods i have been offered Talos as a Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil alignment, but i know the requirements were changed at some point in the EE patch cycle. Perhaps your reputation also plays a part, could well be that a NG with a low rep or a NE with a high rep would be offered Helm and not Lathlander/Talos, but i'm just guessing.

Thank you for the reply. My reputation was only 5 at the time but I can only remember talking to a priest of Helm, I don't think i spoke to anyone else but not entirely sure.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think Helm triggers for neutral charnames, Lathander for lawful, and Talos for chaotic.
    ThacoBell said:

I think Helm triggers for neutral charnames, Lathander for lawful, and Talos for chaotic.

But I am evil the neutral bit is just about following laws or not.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    And Helm is the only neutral deity in the city.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2018
    I think the problem is that the first time you entered the temple district (and triggered the whole thing) you were a thief and not a thief/cleric.
    Everyone who's not a cleric goes to Helm, regardless of their alignment.
    By now I don't think you'd be able to get the temple stronghold, unless you're willing to do some heavy study into the scripts. Not impossible perhaps, but won't worth the effort imo
    Joan_Daro said:

I think the problem is that the first time you entered the temple district (and triggered the whole thing) you were a thief and not a thief/cleric.
    Everyone who's not a cleric goes to Helm, regardless of their alignment.
    By now I don't think you'd be able to get the temple stronghold, unless you're willing to do some heavy study into the scripts. Not impossible perhaps, but won't worth the effort imo

Thank you Joan_Daro that makes perfect sense. Oh well I was not that big a fan of Talos but it was the only evil deity so made more sense than the other two.