Skip to content

Can you please add this one function from nwnx :)

NWNX_Creature_SetCorpseDecayTime this would solve all my issues :)

Comments

• PlokPlok Member Posts: 106
    On this subject, having the NWNX Profiling stuff in the main game would help me immensly. I'm trying to get an understanding of the performance characteristics of some of the scripting functions (ExecuteScript in particular) and it's a bit hard to do so with no way of measuring how long the script takes.

The profiling in NWNX only lets me measure how long something would take to execute in the context of a NWN server running NWNX. There's no way of doing this in the context of bog-standard NWN that I'm aware of.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Only one function? I think more NWNX functions are more than long overdue for the NWN base game.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Well, they could add as many as they like, but that's the function I need :)
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    dTd said:

How about they fix the bug that needs the SetCorpseDecayTime workaround in the first place? :)
    Plok said:

On this subject, having the NWNX Profiling stuff in the main game would help me immensly. I'm trying to get an understanding of the performance characteristics of some of the scripting functions (ExecuteScript in particular) and it's a bit hard to do so with no way of measuring how long the script takes.

The profiling in NWNX only lets me measure how long something would take to execute in the context of a NWN server running NWNX. There's no way of doing this in the context of bog-standard NWN that I'm aware of.

If you're measuring scripts, why not just measure them on the server with NWNX? The argument against using NWNX features is that it does not work in singleplayer, and would be a huge hassle to set up for players. However, if you're actually profiling scripts using a proper tool (as opposed to printing GetTimeMilliseconds() at start and end), you're obviously an advanced enough user to be able to set up NWNX. When you're happy with the results, remove NWNX and ship it.

Advanced script profiling is a very niche request, that is already handled well by external tools. It seems a bit wasteful to spend resources there.
    If you were profiling *graphics* on the client, such as a custom shader, then that's a whole different thing - though there are still external tools for that.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182

dTd said:

How about they fix the bug that needs the SetCorpseDecayTime workaround in the first place? :)

I made the bug report in the first place, seems an easy fix, last 2 patches nada, I'm begging :)