Skip to content

Making spells target hostile units

smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
Hi, I have the IWDification mod for both BG games so that I can get the bard songs. However, the Siren's yearning song is tad bugged and will target all creatures besides the party, rather than just hostile units (it also has global range). I examined it in Nearinfinity and found that it's effects are set to target everything besides the party. I'm not sure what to change this to as there is no obvious setting for hostile units only. I also examined similar spells that target only hostile units such as Wail of the Banshee and they are set to 'Preset target,' but when I choose this option it does not behave accordingly. Does anyone know how I would go about changing this? This information would also be useful for making custom spells in general.

Comments

• smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    Actually I believe I have found a solution, for anyone who is interested. I simply found the spell file for the jester's song (SPCL751a.spl) and swapped out confusion for sleep, in order to make it like the Siren's yearning. I suppose the moral of this story is just to find the most similar spell possible and simply edit that one.