Skip to content

*potential spoiler warning* Paladin at the end of bg2/beginning of ToB

Am i the only one who's disapointed that my paladin became a fallen one at the end of bg2? I admit I hadn't played bg2/ToB in ages but I didn't remember that happening. You go through all of bg1 and dlc's, all of bg2 trying to stay the course despite many choices to turn bad only to become fallen by putting a stupid tear in someone's eye...err i mean those wall eyes? Do you get a chance to get back to lawful good at a later point in ToB? like I said, my memory is extremely hazy on that or are you stuck at lawful evil. Main suckage is that I can no longer use my lawful skills or some items(like those awesome paladin gloves cespenar upgrades)

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You did one of the tests wrong... there’s a good and an evil path for each test and doing even one of them the evil way will change your alignment.

My guess is likely either you killed the dragon or you gave the wrong answer to Wraith Sarevok. Those are the two easiest tests to get wrong.
  • galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2018
    Can't vouch for the Sarevok part since i don't really remember all the answers, just that he attacked and i killed him, i never killed the dragon since i saw a path not to. So no way to know if i screwed up on the Sarevok part and not sure i want to redo the whole thing again now that I'm in ToB and I don't even have a save from before the trials anyways.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The evil solutions to the tests are as follows:

Wrath: provide an answer to Sarevok that invokes your wrath
    Fear: accept the Cloak of Bravery from the demon
    Selfishness: let your companion/an innocent die to protect yourself
    Greed: kill the genie to keep Blackrazor
    Pride: kill the dragon
  • galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2018
    The fear one is the one i failed then since i took the cloak and shouldn't have since i could reach the tear through the beholder side. Well dangit. thnks Artemius, now i know. If I had to redo it I'd have to restart from chapter 7, suldanessalar(sp?) ugh!.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Is there not an autosave when yo enter Hell? I'm a spastic quicksaver, so its reare that I even look at my autosaves.