Skip to content

Unity engine

joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
edited April 2018 in Off-Topic
I just downloaded Unity, and I'm interested to hear forumites' opinions/experiences/advice on where to start with it. I have zero game development experience and no specific goal here; the idea is just to tinker around and learn a little bit about how these things work.
Post edited by joluv on

Comments

• outofdaboxoutofdabox Member Posts: 18
    I think that Unity's beginner tutorials are good place to start at, it explains everything about Unity's interface and terminology and you can also make a couple mini-games in the end which gives you an idea about the game development process.

Furthermore after you have learned the basics, you can follow some more complicated tutorials by Unity (there are loads of them) whichever you find more interesting or search online for tutorials for games that you would like to create.
    I personally like the Liquid Fire tutorials but if you're new to programming and C# you might find them a bit too complicated.

Another thing you can do is to start making your own game by using free assets from the asset store.
    Making your own game can be very beneficial (just start small) as hands on experience is the best way to learn making games. Also, the community is huge and on most of the problems you'll encounter you can easily find a solution online.