Skip to content

Suggestion: support for custom weapon visuals

The NWN Client Extender (or NWNCX) for NWN 1.69 had a cool feature that allowed custom weapon visuals to be displayed.

The Amethyst Dragon has made a splendid use of that feature to include new weapon VFX in the CEP, the new effects can be seen here:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/visual-effect/new-weapon-visual-effects-vfx-nwncx

NWNCX is obsolete as of EE and most of its functionality has been ported to the core game.
Most, but not all of it.
As such, there's currently no way to make use of these awesome weapon visuals, which is the reason I'm suggesting adding support for them in NWN:EE. They're already included in CEP, so they could be used by builders pretty much "out of the box" as soon as custom weapon VFX support was added.

So, could we have a trello item for this, please? :) Preferably also linking to the Vault submission above, to show how cool this stuff is (and that it's already been made and simply awaits the game to add support for it).

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Already a trello and been one for sometime now. The other stuff is just as important/if not more.
    LINK
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125
    Ah, I didn't know it was there already. :) My bad.