Skip to content

Will we know how many players have come on board with BG:EE?

eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
Tried to scan for this information elsewhere, but will we have a way of knowing how many gamers have come together to support BG:EE by purchasing a copy?

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Sales figures tend to be shrouded in as much mystery as companies can muster.
  • lolthlolth Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2012
    i just checked pre-order badge
    and i think pre ordered about 3000 copy
  • eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26

Sales figures tend to be shrouded in as much mystery as companies can muster.

That makes sense. I guess the closest thing I can think of would relate to seeing how many players are on battle.net when you log into any blizzard game. That kind of thing would be cool to see.

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    pre-orders before 18th september - 2708

Pre-orders after 18th september - 753

But this numbers doesn't include people who purchased multiple copies and those who are not on the forums of course
    what are your opinians about
    how much copy game will sell ??

i guess about 20.000 copy which is not bad
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Someone mentioned about an ID being attached to a gifted game which was around the 36K mark with other gifted games being in and around the same number which suggests it may be a simple counter.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    lolth said:

what are your opinians about
    how much copy game will sell ??

i guess about 20.000 copy which is not bad

Their target is 500,000 sales on all platforms. Also Trent Oster once tweeted that the pre-orders number already exceeded their pre-order goal, So you may never know.

20.000 copy only pc

but 500.000 with other platform is a huge number
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    lolth said:

20.000 copy only pc

but 500.000 with other platform is a huge number

I think the pc/Mac sales will be much, much higher than that.
    The tablet sales may also exceed expectations, however, with iPad users at least, there's a certain reluctance to pay for premium games these days, with all the freemium shit that's pervading the AppStore, so it may also be a disappointment. But by Helm, I really hope that won't be the case!