Skip to content

So to be clear, when we talk November 28th...

...are we talking 'Midnight in Edmonton, November 28th'? Are we talking 'the morning of November 28th, right after the folks in Edmonton get their coffee'? Are they throwing us for a real loop and going for 'midnight in Azerbaijan'?

I wanna know when I download the last part and play, dammit!

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Did you know you can download another 500mb starting today? That way WHENEVER it opens on the 28th you will only have a very tiny part to DL.
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120

Did you know you can download another 500mb starting today? That way WHENEVER it opens on the 28th you will only have a very tiny part to DL.
    Yep, already done. But that last part is still waiting for Wednesday and I'm more curious to know how 'Wednesday' is being defined.

I'm in the U.S., but I have an odd enough sleep schedule due to work that I'd be able to play the game right away if its being unlocked at midnight Edmonton time. If its the morning, though, I'll have to wait.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Yep, already done. But that last part is still waiting for Wednesday and I'm more curious to know how 'Wednesday' is being defined.

I'm in the U.S., but I have an odd enough sleep schedule due to work that I'd be able to play the game right away if its being unlocked at midnight Edmonton time. If its the morning, though, I'll have to wait.
    I don't know because the first 1.4gb were released on wednesday...but it wasn't until like 3pm when it started (Im on the east coast)
  • ThorThor Member Posts: 10
    I would assume 9am - noon. That gives them time to check on the distribution network, have support staff in place and then send out the word to start the final download. I think the other downloads have been about the same time. Anyhow, we can only hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Alright, so they haven't clarified this somewhere and I just didn't notice. We're all in the same boat of not knowing until they say.

Fair enough. Hopefully they will say before Wednesday.
  • Peteed1985Peteed1985 Member Posts: 63
    edited November 2012
    Yeah i'd also like to know as an Aussie its 6:34pm on the 26th right now and given that major time difference it'll be Thursday the 29th before it unlocks if its not early morning on the 28th in America.

Would hopefully be the 28th in the region you are in since they only gave a date not a time or date for a certain time zone as launch.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I'm in the same boat Peteed but I think we will have to wait until the 29th :(:(

I'm in the same boat Peteed but I think we will have to wait until the 29th :(:(

Yeah companies always seem do that don't they? Say a date only with no timezone listed and end up having it not be that date simply because the company failed to realise the rest of the planet existed in different timezones. I can count on one hand the times we haven't been skrewed in one way or another with a game or the company made a major effort for Aussies haha.

Sony with Planetside 2 the other day put its whole team on fixing an Aussie only issue and really impressed me.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    At least you're getting it the same time as everyone else, even if it is shifted a day due to time zones. It's not like you need to wait two more weeks (or months) to have it arrive in stores.
    CaptRory said:

At least you're getting it the same time as everyone else, even if it is shifted a day due to time zones. It's not like you need to wait two more weeks (or months) to have it arrive in stores.

True alot of the time we have to wait 2 or 3 days after the US release to get the games on the Aussie release dates haha at least this is the same time.

• Rush_that_speaksRush_that_speaks Member Posts: 36

I imagine the launch will happen in the early afternoon on the 28th, MST. This could be quite late in the day for people living in Europe or Africa, or quite early in the morning for people living in Asia.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    tilly said:

Fingers crossed for Tuesday night Edmonton time! Just like the second half of the pre-order download bit. :3

I would be disappointed if it wasn't this. If they could set the second half of the pre-order download to be available late at night, I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do the same with the final piece that unlocks the game.

• MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Midnight in Azerbaijan for the lulz :P