Skip to content

The priests of Umberlee

Now that we are talking about the priests of Umberlee:
Why is it that fighting them is such a walk in the park? Taking on the *headquarters* of a deity in a major city should be pretty challenging.
Instead they just roll over and die :(
Quite a letdown.

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    The city of Baldur's Gate is weird because it's as if most of the fights were designed for a party that's level 4-5. But unless you rush there, you'll probably be level 5-6. Those 1-2 levels can make quite the difference.

It's true that fight is too easy. Taking on the Beregost temple is actually harder, lol.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Quartz said:

It's true that fight is too easy. Taking on the Beregost temple is actually harder, lol.

What is there in Beregost temple? I've forgotten.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    It's separate from the rest of Bereghost, just to the east of it, but if I recall there are some dialogues where people refer to it as a part of the town.

It's the one where you hand over Basilus's holy symbol. The one with all the sirines singing praises to their god.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291

What is there in Beregost temple? I've forgotten.

Four sirenes.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Will SCS make all the Baldur's Gate city fights significantly harder? Or not so much?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    From what I understand scs mostly just updates AI so the enemies fight smarter. It wouldn't change much for fights like the temple of umberlee where most of the priestesses have no spells, weapons, or really any combat abilities to speak of.

I've never played it myself though.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I think that this temple and the Gnoll Stronghold really deserves some specific SCS Components.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I think that David W used to prefer to hit the gnolls first, so that's one reason why that fortress was left unbuffed. Sometime I think I may try a run with Crevs Daak's level adder + SCS. Adding 2 levels to all BG1 classes and (if possible) deducting 3 levels from BG2 classes may reduce some of that crazy variation! May need to tweak some of the xp rewards (probably just console in a bit when completing chapters in BG1) and remove about 50% of the magic items in BG2 with item randomiser as well though.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @DavidW Pretty please?