Skip to content

Is it possible we could get more character protraits

Back, when i played Baldur's gate series i remember it the way that there were very few portrait options, that were not already portraits of existing characters, if you are doing a overhaul is it possible we could have more character generitic ones. I dunno if it been brought up but if not i thought i would mention it. While i enjoy the option of using custom ones, for me if i cannot match the current art form of the existing ones i breaks some my ability to emerge into the game.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The game is coming with a portrait pack containing 10 brand new portraits.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    And maybe more portraits are coming post shipping day ;)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited November 2012
    Barzarel said:

While i enjoy the option of using custom ones, for me if i cannot match the current art form of the existing ones i breaks some my ability to emerge into the game.

If you want style consistency, you may be disappointed. As far as I know there are two sets of new pics, done by two artists whose painting styles are very different from each other and from BG. (On the other hand, style of BG2 was different from style of BG1. If that didn't bug you, you may just be happy with the new direction).
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, the new portraits are done by Jason Manley. If you want to see a sample of what his work looks like check the Icewind Dale portraits.

His portraits won't look like the BG1 ones, though personally I've already picked the portrait my Ranger will be using.