Skip to content

Verified and Reinstalled, Can't log into servers

QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
So my son was having trouble with the game crashing more than normal. Today he decided to "verify game" in the beamdog client.

It told him he was missing added or changed game files, would you like to restore to original.
So he clicked to restore.

after doing this he was then, unable to login to ANY internet servers, our LAN server included.

Following that we uninstalled NWNEE deleted any related folders, restarted PC, then reinstalled the game. Hoping this would fix the issue, but it did not.

He is still unable to log in to any internet servers :( (all are grayed out)

If he tries to direct connect to our LAN server It is telling him the versions don't match. To my knowledge though there hasn't been an update, and My Server had a fresh install of the game on Saturday. Was there an updated in the last 48 hours? Is his game corrupted somehow?

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• ZeroarkZeroark Member Posts: 22
    Hi,
    Do you know which version your local LAN server is? The latest "stable" version is 8166.

It sounds like your son PC has a headstart version (AKA Not "stable" but "preview" of a newer version) so that's why he's seeing all the servers grayed out (Since most of them are still 8166) and the same issue with your LAN.

Do both of your PCs have the same client? (I.E: Your son has Beamdog and your account as well)
    My guess is that probably at some point you set your son PC to allow "beta" builds, and that's why his version is ahead.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    where do I find the version #, and Is there a way to revert back?
    Easiest way to do that, is to open your Nwserver and you will see it below (In my case, v.74.8166)

yep miss matched versions, my server is 74.8166 and his is 75.xxxx

IS there a way to revert back versions?
    Are you using steam or beamdog client?
    beamdog client
    https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_faq#08

Check the "I'd like to try a beta version of the Beamdog Client. How can I do so?" question. Hope it helps.
    cool thank you for helping.

We also just noticed after reading the link you sent, in the beamdog client there is an English and an English Development version to download. we are tying the "English" version now. I didn't realize there were choices there.
    looks like that did it!
    My Son said Ya!!!!!! Thank you for your guidance.
    Cool, glad it worked in the end!