Skip to content

Where can I download the Saerileth mod? [SOLVED]

SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
edited June 2018 in BGII:EE Mods

YES, I know 99.99% of people on this site hate it, but I still would like to have the opportunity to try it out for myself.

I've come across a few supposed download links, but they only lead to dead ends.

Anyone aware of a current hosting site?

EDIT: NVM, I found it on here, along with a bunch of other DL links, in case anyone's interested:
http://downloads.chosenofmystra.net/bg2/

Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    They do? Strange that its one of our top downloaded mods.
    StummvonBordwehrGirewanMateoFrozen
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited June 2018

They do? Strange that its one of our top downloaded mods.

@CoM_Solaufein
    Not to worry. I do not think that anybody hates it. I have played it many times, and can perhaps illuminate why some prefer other NPC mods to Sarileth

Sarileth is a sweet and a naive girl. Her romance gets going at break neck speed - which is consisitent with her personality and age. Some players prefer other kinds of NPCs and dislike the premise and therefore Sarileth. But the the mod is fine and well written imo - Sarileth brings flavor, but not to everones liking.
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Her romance is creepy and there is a LOT of disturbing subtext in it (whether intentional or not).
    MERLANCE
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2018
    My opinions on the mod are not extreme as hatred, but I do dislike it because it's clearly meant to shoehorn the player into doing not only the romance, but gameplay overall in one way and one way only, not to mention that the writing is fairly unimaginative, melodramatic overall and pushes the ridiculous Romeo and Juliet parallels way too far.

I give it a meh/10. Not eye-gougingly terrible like some claim, but not really worth your time overall.
    ThacoBellbrunardo
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    There is a bug in the Saerileth install (v20). Two of the scripts in the aScripts folder (nsar1100 and nsar0801) require EVALUATION when they are being added to the relevant area scripts, as they use the %bd2_chapter_#% construct. Hence, certain relativily unimportant plot lines are never initiated. Dunno where else to post this as the Mystra link has no suggestions and the hosting site is being pissy about letting me sign up to comment.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    It sounds so bad I have to try it on my next run!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2022
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Her romance is creepy and there is a LOT of disturbing subtext in it (whether intentional or not).
    ThacoBell wrote: »

I presume that you think that romance is creepy because of her age of 15. One of my friends in the UK got pregnant at that age and subsequently married the father. They had been engaged for a year when they married aged 16.

In the USA I know the age of consent is often higher, but in other countries it is 12, (It waas in Spain until recently). The parents of a friend in Nepal got married even younger than that and had a very good marriage. When a life expectancy of 40, people had to get on with raising families at a much earlier age than we do in the west where we have much longer lives.

In Medieval England 12 was considered a fairly normal age for a woman to wed, therefore Saerilleth's age of 15 should not raise eyebrows.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/love-and-marriage-in-medieval-england/

The Saerileth mod version 19 is bugged according to G3. That is the version that Chosen of Mystra send you to. [19.7]

I have seen a v 21 but cannot find it at present.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2022
    And inbreeding was common among some people some places in history; slavery too, ritualized rape, etc etc., things that would make marrying off a 12 year old (often against their choice) seem tame or even kind... They all had reasons that made it seem somewhat normalized in their eyes. Referencing these things existed or was even common practice somewhere doesn't necessarily diminish the 'creepy' factor for many contemporary audiences.

All that aside, the mod in question is known to contain some spectacularly cringey writing (certainly not rare among romanceable NPC mods); this more so than the age of the protagonist might be the real deal breaker for most.
    Post edited by ithildurnew on