Skip to content

[May contain spoilers] How do you like new cinematics?

So... How do you like it?
For me, some of them are realy good.
The Undercity looks amazing and the Badlur's Gate city. Friendly Arms Inn looks also very cool, but the music is messed up, IMO (suddenly stops).
I don't like the ending movie too much, because it doesn't show, how actualy big is Bhaalspawn "library". The old cinematic showed it better.
Also death scene is like "meh". Just too short.

So to summarize, everything would be awesome, but the most important movies are not too good (death scene and outro). But that's just my nitpicky opinion.

How about you? Did you like new cinematics?

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    I disagree completely.

FIrstly, the death scene was intentionally shortened...because after seeing it a hundred times it gets cumbersome, the quality itself is fantastic.

And i don't understand how you mean on the Outro, I feel it showed the "library" very adequately, considering it shows that it is round and goes up a thousand feet.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Where can I see the new cinematics?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    In the predownloaded game folder.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    I like the new opening movie.

I think they could have shortened the ending movie, but I guess they wanted it to be as lengthy as the old one.

Baldur's Gate, Friendly Arm Inn and Nashkel are pretty bare-bones, but at least the Baldur's Gate and Nashkel movies actually look like those zones now. EDIT: Or rather, they're more recognizable as such.

Both the resting outside and death movies are ok. They don't really require any more.
    Tanthalas said:

D< They did not let us DL and view the new opening yet...I hate you right now
    Tanthalas said:

Lies! The legend says, that anybody who have seen the opening cinematic before 28th goes blind!
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    I wish I could see them. But I'm on a Mac, so no pre-download for me.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, I haven't downloaded the last 500 Mb to check, but the BG and Black Pits opening movies aren't located in the movie folder but in the language files since I think different languages need subtitles.

I thought those were already out too.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    how do you open these movies ?

Do you have to rename them to another file extension ?

thanks for your answers ;-)
    Ok - tested with. mov, it works - Is there another better format ?
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

Hmm, I haven't downloaded the last 500 Mb to check, but the BG and Black Pits opening movies aren't located in the movie folder but in the language files since I think different languages need subtitles.

There is The Black Pits, indeed. But no opening cinematic to the original BG story.
    TBP cinematic is actually pretty good, btw.

how do you open these movies ?

Do you have to rename them to another file extension ?

thanks for your answers ;-)

I use VLC player.
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

Found the Black Pits opening where you said it was, and its also a bit short but very awesome! Thank you.

...But the BG opening isn't there D<
    I'll have to complain with the ending cinematic. I the original one, you can see other destroyed statues (like Sarevok's one) before the focus on the Bhaal's skullhead.

In the new one, you only see an elf and a dwarf before the final moment ...
    ajwz said:

I don't care what anyone says. The movie of a cow being abducted by a wyvern was *ESSENTIAL* to my plot

Here! Here!
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I like them, death one is a bit underwhelming though.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    The sound to TBP sux...
    Sounds like an old Fifa 2001 speaker talking.... Not good..

But the rest i surely love..:) The minescene especially :)
    edited November 2012
    ajwz said:

I don't care what anyone says. The movie of a cow being abducted by a wyvern was *ESSENTIAL* to my plot

I like it, too

I hope it will be in the final version of the game.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I didnt like the camp movie, because it wasnt animated with the sounds of a slave being pushed around.
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2012
    The ending movie was the only one that gave somewhat of a "meh" reaction, maybe because of the sound being not completely synced to the movie (the crumbling of Sarevok's statue). All the others were top notch.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Yes, a lot of things I will miss:

- Cow being abducted by Wyvern
    - 'Good day my lady' ... 'Fine day to you sire. such a fine *atchoo* wouldnt you say?'
    - Gnoll animations in the bandit camp movie.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    edited November 2012
    Are these movies in the last 500mb which I haven't been given the option of dl'ing yet? I don't have these files

edit - didn't realise you have to click on that "preload complete" bar to download the next part. Downloading now.
    Yes they're in the last download.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    Sadly, I liked most of the original BG movies. Well, new ones have at least artistic direction even though being shortened.
    Have they commented on the missing scenes? Would like to see them added at a later date.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I can't find either the movies or the soundsets. I don't seem to have either a movies or a lang folder. Launched the BGEE.exe the Installer, launcher says preload complete and that's it. Can anyone help me?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Senash
    click where it says preload is complete - that started it up for me :-)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Greenman019 they have, and they will not be included