Skip to content

Kensai/thief

I have a kensai I want tobiclass to thief...better do it at level 9 or 13? I don't know how long IWD is...any suggestion?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    That depends upon how early in the game you are. If you are in Dragon's Eye you can probably wait until 13th level but if you are later than that you should probably dual class now. Unless you are planning on going through HoW and/or TotLM, in which case wait until at least 13th level.
    Barba777
  • Barba777Barba777 Member Posts: 48
    Yeah, i am in Dragon's Eye, level 6 so far...I don'tknow where I will be at level 13
  • Barba777Barba777 Member Posts: 48
    Also, what do you think about this particular dual/class? =)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    A lot of people have had great success over the years dual-classing kensai. Once that character regains kensai class there should be some devastating backstabs.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    The biggest draw of the Kensai/Thief in Throne of Bhaal is eventually the Thief will get the Use Any Item high-level ability, which completely negates the Kensai's equipment restrictions and leaves a combo without any downsides. (Also, the shortage of decent NPC thieves incentivizes players to create their own.)

In Icewind Dale, honestly, I just prefer the plain-jane Fighter/Thief multiclass. Far less fiddly, you get armor and helmets, (including Helm of the Trusted Defender if you're a Halfling or Gnome!), and you don't have to worry about spending the early game without a thief or the mid-game without a fighter.
    DanacmMathsorcererIamdorf
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Crank up the difficulty and go FMT