Skip to content

Petition to streamline NPC stats

As most of you know, some NPC's got their stats altered (improved) with the release of Baldur's Gate 2 back in the day. Some of these changes included Viconia going from 15 Wisdom in BG1 to 18 Wisdom in BG2, or Minsc going from 15 dex 15 con to 16 dex 16 con. There was also a mod for BGT which allowed to synergize all these stats to either their BG1 values or their BG2 values.

Now with BG:EE coming out, the development team decided to stay true to the original vanilla stats, which to me, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, seeing as eventually we will have a unified Enhanced Trilogy. So with that in mind, i would love to see all of the characters' attributes given their BG2 values.

P.S. I wanted to create a poll to let the majority vote on this, but i can't seem to find the option for it.. if anyone could help me out with that, would be great.

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hmm, naw, I disagree. Give them a boost for BG2EE. I like that the NPCs doesnt have super high stats.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    They are different games, NPCs could have changed stats. While Charname is not around they may have gone places on their own, found items...