Skip to content

Modding the CON back into Shapeshifts/polymorphs

I understand why Beamdog took the CON out, but as an old-school player I can handle the responsibility of understanding I can accidentally kill my character.

So I've got Near Infinity installed, and as a place to start have found the .spl files for Shapeshift Werewolf/Greater Werewolf.

I don't suppose one of you good souls could point me towards the bits of the file that actually account for the stat modifications?

Thanks!

Comments

• MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2018
    I hope this will be correct.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2018
    The stat changes come with the use of the polymorph effect (so I believe they are hardcoded).

You can however replicate them by including them as an effect in the weapon the werewolf shapechange forms use (in the case of BG2 they are CDBRBRP.itm for the werewolf and CDBRBRP2.itm for the greater werewolf). Bear in mind however that its not an increment (like is shown on the screenshot above) but rather it is setting the stat to a given value.

To find these in Near Infinity you can just go into the spell file and then click "melee" - > "create weapon" -> then find the weapon under "resources".
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    Thank you both so much for the assistance! I was going back and forth between the same files in BG:EE and vanilla BGII and completely failing at finding any difference (aside from the normally invisible descriptive text anyway).
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    @Reticent in vanilla CON bonus was added in cre file like STR and DEX, in EE you must add this manually since BD changed it, even if you manipulate con in cre file, there will be no effect.