Skip to content

Darkness over Daggerford question

Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
So I'm 'trying' to keep my YouTube channel going with new videos every day and I just purchased the Darkness over Daggerford (henceforth called DoD) module. I'm in the middle of chapter 1 of the OC and was wondering if it would mess anything up if I were to finish chapter 1, import my character into DoD, finish DoD, then export the same character into chapter 2?

Comments

• donardonar Member Posts: 8
    In Daggerford, PC starts at 8 lvl and I've finished it at around 16.
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    No, it wouldn't mess anything up. All plot items you got in Chapter 1 would have been removed at the start of Chapter 2 anyway or they're just simply useless in Chapter 2.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    donar said:

In Daggerford, PC starts at 8 lvl and I've finished it at around 16.

Sounds to me like I would be over leveled for Chapter 2 then. I really want to jump on DoD while it's still fresh but I'd to stop playing the OC for a while. How long would a playthrough of DoD normally take?
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    edited June 2018
    If you save your OC game, it will save that character as is, and load it back up at that state when you load the saved game. You can export your character and use it in DoD without it affecting your saved game.

Just don't export your DoD character and import it into the OC. Simply reload the saved OC and you're at the same level, with the same goods, etc., as you were.

Right?

-JFK
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    JFK said:

If you save your OC game, it will save that character as is, and load it back up at that state when you load the saved game. You can export your character and use it in DoD without it affecting your saved game.

Just don't export your DoD character and import it into the OC. Simply reload the saved OC and you're at the same level, with the same goods, etc., as you were.

Right?

-JFK

Yeah, but since the two are different levels it would feel like back tracking. I'm considering having three different characters for the YouTube channel: one for main campaigns, one for premium mods, and one everything else. Although I'm not sure how SoU would handle me bringing in a level 16+ character...
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    SoU is meant for a level 1 character. You won't be able to play through the premium mods with one character either, not without being massively overleveled/overgeared.

In general, you should expect one character per module -- there may be some cases where you can transition from one module to another but they'll be rare. Some suggestions...

OC: 1 character, 1 to 17ish (though I think some people made some post OC mods)
    SoU + HotU: 1 character, 1 to 28ish (there are definitely a few post HotU mods such as Sands of Fate)
    Aielund Saga: 1 character, 1 to 36ish
    Swordflight: 1 character, 1 to 25ish currently, only the first three parts are out so far
    Sanctum of the Archmage: 1 character, not sure where the series will end, haven't gotten there yet
    A Dance With Rogues: 1 character, 1 to mid-20s

Etc.

People expect you to have a bunch of different characters for different mods -- this isn't WoW or another MMORPG where you "main" a character and have some alts.