Skip to content

Gamebreaking Bug In the Curst Administration Building. *SPOILERS*

Download the savegames here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qesyqz51t35aq7c/Planescape Torment - Enhanced Edition - Gamebreaking Trias Bug.rar (Will also attempt to attach to this post using the forum's attachment capability.)

A few things about these savegames.

Background:

This was played on Win XP SP3. Because that's my OS. This was my first playthrough of PST Enhanced Edition, but not my first playthrough of Planescape Torment: I've played the original version from Gamersgate.com quite at least four times.

By the time I'd gotten to Curst Administration, my TNO was a Level 96 Fighter and had maxed out all his stats: he had 1023 hit points (which I believe is the maximum allowed - "1023" plus "0000" gives 1024 values for this stat, which is a very computer/binary number, so that would make sense), 25 character points for EVERY category, I believe his skills with all weapons was maxed out. This was the product of an extensive amount of grinding in the Hive, before solving the Pregnant Alley's little... situation, so that it was still possible to move quickly between the four quarters of the Hive. (Morte's HP is 339, by the way.)

So I'd really like to get my game back and continue on with the character I've built and in which I've invested some real effort.

One problem that leads to more problems is the limited number of savegames (autosaves, manual saves, and quicksaves) which the game will allow a player to save. The game takes it upon itself to erase savegames - and that's a large number of savegames gone. In a game with so many choices to be made, and so many possible paths to explore, and in which the best strategy for playing is "Save early, save often", the game should permit players to keep as many savegames as they want. With the very limited number of savegames that the game has allowed me to keep, going back to any remaining accessible point of the game would mean losing many days of progress - and I mean real life days of my real life!

The Actual Gamebreaking Bug:

The bug in the savegame is this: having defeated Trias on the top floor of the Curst Administration building (which took an incredible amount of time and effort!), the required portal does not appear. Nordom will say "Portal detected" - well, maybe *he* can detect it but *I* can't see it and so can not advance in the game.

I've tried reloading the various Curst Administration savegames, reforming my party, removing all party members, leaving my party members in various places, rebooting Windows and then rebooting the game, searching the web for a solution... No luck at all.

One thing which I *think* occurred is this: my impression is that Trias' dialogue with TNO seemed to end very abruptly: I had the impression when going through that dialogue while playing the game that the last part of the dialogue was simply omitted and the dialogue ended prematurely. But I'm not 100% sure. (I'm hampered by the fact that the only savegames which I have left are those in which I've already battled Trias - otherwise I'd go back and replay that confrontation from the beginning. Refer back to my complaint about the game allowing only a very limited of savegames, above. )

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments