Skip to content

Shargast v5 problem

neludzneludz Member Posts: 23
Hello everyone! I was excited to play this HUGE module, but found this comment on neverwintervault module page:

Now, has ANYONE solved the two-module transfer problem? This prevents HALF the adventure from occurring... Odd it hasn’t been mentioned, if anyone has played this module/pair...

That is, when a character in-game tries to get to the Northern continents of Shargast from the Southern continents where one starts out, none of the Portals or Gates or Doors function. There's a description on every one of them, plus big dragons to guide you in conversations telling you to get to the Northern areas via the Portal or Door he's standing next to, but they simply don't work. It's just as if an "Area Transition" weren't Tagged; module-makers know exactly what I'm talking about; you've had to go through and troubleshoot Area Transitions before...

I checked it out and yes, portal just doesn't work and of course it's ruining all fun. So, i have 2 questions:

1) Is there any way to make this damned portal work?
2) I also downloaded version 3.7 of Shargast. Is it fully playable and is there a many differences between this version and version 5?

Thank you.