Skip to content

Hoe do I Install files from 2.65 correctly

I am just a player and love NWN . Now on EE I want to play the LOC module dirtnap version (for example) it requires me to have a spacific files not included in my Beam dog download . I have no way to find those files alone and so downloaded ver. 2.65 which is said to include most haks update files. When I expand the download there is a folder (Lang) with over 80 files all being text docs and one TTT file .. en . there is no identifying what is what and i dont know where to put these text docs or if in fact they are what I need . All folders (eg. hak. tlk) in the beamdog dload are empty, I tried transferring all the files from the folder (Lang) in cep 2.65 dload into the hak folder but it does not change the request for certain Tlk. Table files and no files are indicating what type they are. I am desperate for a dummies simple guide to help me do what is need to play ..... PLZZZ help . I have been trying for days now to sort it out . In the old days all the hak downloads came with a guide as to where things should be put and what each file was,but nothing with 2.65

Comments

• BumaBuma Member Posts: 2
    Hello bud do u bought nwn ee on steam?if so just go in the steam workshop find cep 2.65 subscribe and download if u bought here with beamdog i think u need to download it from nwn vault there are lot of thread about it around and lot of guides.one more note i'm playng also on LOC dirtynap edition and just love it lot of Areas and really designed but the most cool thing is the lvl post 40 system the thing i was looking for and currently is the only server on EE version with it lvl 128 here atm and having lot of fun.hope to see u and more ppl on cause the server really deserve it.
  • AngeliqueA33AngeliqueA33 Member Posts: 6
    The Italian based but english speaking server Nordock Martial ........ (something ) also runs to 128lvls . I buy from Beamdog but seems for all the addons I really would be better off having bought through Steam . I down loaded cep 1.65 from the NWN vault but it does not include any assistance to install the files . I cant see any way to ID the files (text Docs) so cant put them in appropriate game folders . All LOC that and other servers are asking for is tlk table hak ...but this version of LOC offers no advice re a forum (cant find one ) and no connection via Discord. SO I have looked for info in NWN vault to assist with the alocation of files from 1.65 but am unable to find anything. I do thank you Buma and hope someone can get me into the game it is truly my fav since about 2004 or 5 .
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited June 2018
  • AngeliqueA33AngeliqueA33 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for posting this guide but I have seen it and it offers no help for this 2.65 download. This is an extract from it ...

There may be text documents (.txt, .pdf, .doc etc) with installation help / hints / walkthrough.

Install the uncompressed game files in the Neverwinter Nights folder in your Documents (if you have an earlier version than Extended Edition, use the nwn folder within your Neverwinter Nights installation instead).

This has several sub-folders. Each file goes into the sub-folder that matches its extension......

Cep 2.65 has over 80 text docs. but there is no install help, hints or walk through and none of them have any indication as to where they should be put , regarding folders. They are just listed in a folder called Lang and listed from af to Zh-tw in amongst them all is a TTT file .. en , what significance that has i dont know .... there must be an install guide somewhere for this cep 1.65 but I cannot find it.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    The guide I just gave you explains exactly how to install the files you need as a player.

The text documents are for builders. Ignore them.