Skip to content

Sorcerer Bonus Spells and Polymorph

If sorcerers have gear that give them extra spells, they lose a bunch upon casting polymorph due to the items being unequipped. Any way to make it so this doesn't happen?

Comments

• ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    Install community patch 1.72 for NWN:EE

then spawn PC Widget Tool using following commands into console
    DebugMode 1
    dm_spawnitem 70_pcwidget

then use the item and in the conversation menu choose the option 72_POLYMORPH_MERGE_CASTING_ABILITY

without this your only option is to cast maximized Eagle Splendor before polymorphing, that won't help 100% but will at least protect some of the bonus spells from charisma

Also note that this only helps against losing bonus spell uses/slots from casting ability. Bonus spell uses/slots gained from items with Bonus Spell Slot property will be always lost.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    edited July 2018

If sorcerers have gear that give them extra spells, they lose a bunch upon casting polymorph due to the items being unequipped. Any way to make it so this doesn't happen?

I made a topic on this... creative scripting with the shape changing spells can correct this issue but by default casters get screwed any time they use polymorph or shapechange.
  • sharkinajarsharkinajar Member Posts: 2
    What if it could increase slots according to what you are wearing, so when you lose spells from equipped slots, you just lose those instead of the actual amount you have?
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    edited July 2018

What if it could increase slots according to what you are wearing, so when you lose spells from equipped slots, you just lose those instead of the actual amount you have?

The scripting we used on my old PW basically did something similar to how Shifters merge their stats into their forms but only for your specific caster class spellcasting stat and any bonus slots from gear. It also made certain that the stat merging happened before the actual shape shifting occurred so no spells were lost.

If we could script it way back when to work like that, I imagine that the devs working on the game today could come up with an even better solution such as taking some sort of snapshot of the caster's spell slots/spells prepared/spells unused prior to the shift and restoring the spells exactly as they were upon ending the shift without using using the merging method we did on my server.