Skip to content

Android Modfile BG2EE v1.3.2064

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
@Guyfives, give this a go. I essentially put together Unfinished Business, some convient mods and some item mods. Below will list the mods themselves used but the WeiDU.log will tell you the components of the mods that have been installed.

== BG2EE 1.3.2064 (Android) ==
BG2 Unfininshed Business v2.6
Companion Animals - Druids Gets Pets as well, Name of Pet - 'Slasha'
Wandcase
Thrown Hammers
Useful Plot Items for BG2EE
More Style for Mages
Tweaks Anthology
aTweaks
One Pixel Production v4.0.1 Smart Avatar and Armour Switching

To install the mod:

- Download the files to your device.

- place 'BG2EE 1.3.2064 Android ModFile.zip' into the following folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files'

- The Android File Manager you are using will determine the way to unpack the file, but unpack the file into the root of it's current folder keeping the file structure so you will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files'
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/override' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/save' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/baldur.ini' (File)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip' (File)

and any other folders you may already have like portraits etc.

- Delete or move 'BG2EE 1.3.2064 Android ModFile.zip' to another folder on your device (as a backup)

You are now ready to test, if the game crashes, then make sure you have moved the modfile as it will clash with the unpacked mod. If the game plays, tehn you are good to go.

Happy Gaming
Gus

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Guyfives, same here as the BG1 modfile, contains Blood & Tome but lost the reduced item restricitons for Clerics and Druid...

Enjoy
    Gus
  • GuyfivesGuyfives Member Posts: 37
    @Gusinda
    Imoen Romance mod, the modern version.
    If you won't or can't add it to the MP, I understand.
    @Guyfives, I have put the Imoen Romance pack in. Unfortunately the mod itself adds 240MB of wav files (environmental music), which makes it well and truely above the upload limit (50MB) for the forum.

In the attached version, I have simply removed the music so all the dialog options should be still there. I can't test it on my device anymore as I have moved to v2.5, but I don't expect any problems.

For another potential problem, I just added the mod to the end of the install. If you find problems occurring, then it could be an order problem as it is likely that it should be installed earlier. A look at the mods used in the modfile suggests that there wont be a prob but if there is, I can quickly reorder...

Hopefully all goes well.
    Gus
    Personal question, why would I update to 2v5
  • Elo_NajElo_Naj Member Posts: 4
    In my case the question would be if I can not mod 2.5 can I downgrade to 1.3?
    @Guyfives, I probably wouldn't at the moment for BGEE if you prefer mods. Later on, once the modding prob has been sorted, then you are looking at all the fixes and additional improvements that are included. There are many more mods that are 2.x only being developed as well. It is a matter of personal choice of course, but I for one have been looking forward to the update...

@Elo_Naj, If you are talking about BGEE, which is still in beta, then all you need to do is opt out of the beta testing in Google Play. You will then have the opportunity to reinstall 1.3. The full release is just around the corner, so I would act wuickly if you are going to do it. It is the beta that is having the modding problem, unless of course you don't have access to a PC to repackage the .obb, so BG2EE is good to mod.

A request has gone to Beamdog to separate the dialog.tlk (installl it to the data folder instead) from the .obb for future releases so that there would be no need to repack but we have to wait and see what happens with that request.

Gus
    @Gusinda, long time, finally updated, would you update the BGEE2 File.
    Hi @Guyfives, BG2EE is a bit more of a problem for the mod. Were you able to modify the .obb to remove dialog.tlk as discussed here? In it's current form, that is the only way to mod the game for Android (at least what I have seen). It will prob be fixed once it gets past v2.5.16.6 (fingers crossed).

If you have done the mod, then there would be no problems in creating the modfile... Same Q as for BG1, did you want the same content?

Gus
    Provocative Fornication! I'll wait out.