Skip to content

Maybe a noob question ^^;

I have just bought the game at Beamdog, the game shows up under my account --> my games.
However i have not received any kind of keycode nor is the preloading working for me.

So my question is: Do i need to use the Beamdog client (all the time) to be able to play the game?

Any info would be much appreciated :)

-Origin

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012
    The answer to that is no, it's just a means of facilitating the download. You can also skip the client and just download an installer file directly and run it.
  • Origin88Origin88 Member Posts: 71
    What about a keybode then?
    Thx for your quick response btw.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Shouldn't need a keycode either afaik, just your beamdog login.
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    You wont need a keycode or even the internet after the installation and verification on the day of release. If you are having trouble with the preload though, there is a thread here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6817/pre-loading-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-has-begun that can help. And I believe at some point @PhillipDaigle said to send an email to support@beamdog.com with any problems, since he is currently behind in catching up on that particular thread.
  • Origin88Origin88 Member Posts: 71
    Thank alot guys~!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    The Team went with an extremely light DRM. Quite probably the lightest they were allowed to use. So there aren't any Keycodes or CD Keys or onerous registration processes. You only need to connect to the internet once to verify it when you install it and you're good to go.