Skip to content

Any way to get the David Warner voice set from SoD to BG2?

I just discovered the voice set in SoD, but I don't know how to port it over because I've always been a fan of Warner and he needs to be my next wizard. Any way to do this?

Comments

• smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    edited July 2018
    I have the SOD expansion in GoG and I found it by going to the BG directory folder (the folder with chitin.key in it) and opened up 'sod-dlc.zip.' From there open up 'lang' -> 'en_us' -> and finally 'sounds.' The David Warner sounds are the male7_ .wav files. Hope this helps, not sure if it extends to all platforms though.

Edit: Then to get them into BG2 I think there are 2 options. One is to go to the folder where the save files are stored in BG2 and create a folder called 'sounds' if it doesn't exist already, then deposit DW sounds in there. The other is to go to the directory for BG2 and deposit them into the 'sounds' folder within the 'lang' folder for BG2 (basically its the exact same as you did to acquire the sounds, but in BG2 folder rather than BG1.)
  • TheGlenTheGlen Member Posts: 10
    That got it. For some reason it didn't show up in customizing existing characters until I tried to make a new character first and then the option appeared everywhere. Thanks.
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    Whoa rad, I love Warner! Never knew they got him to do SoD too! The fact that he was in BG2 was one of my favorite things about the game!!
  • RagnarokpcRagnarokpc Member Posts: 3
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having this same issue. My PC used the "Commanding Male" voice in BG 1 and SoD. Now, trying to import to BG 2, I'd like to keep the same voice. It's not my first playthrough, I get that the voice is going to be the same as Irenicus. However, unlike the above solution, I don't see any male7 files to move over, male 6 is the highest. Can anyone assist me with finding the files I need? I'm using the Steam version
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    If you install this mod, you get the set in its entire form.

Copying over the lines from sounds alone wouldn't do, not just because 2.6 regressed the legacy selection audio loader somehow but also because a fair amount of lines aren't part of the sounds folder but packaged into the game assets because their slots do not have a legacy single-char suffix.
  • RagnarokpcRagnarokpc Member Posts: 3
    That did it, I was finally able to get my character going in BG2. Thanks!