Skip to content

[BG:EE] New Weapons

AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
Some people have stated that there will likely be new weaponry available in BG:EE, and I was hoping to put together a comprehensive list of all new available weapons, and links as to the authenticity of such claims.

Clubs have been suggested, as there is only one Club+1 in the original Baldur's Gate. (It appears to be unattainable, however.) Others may be planned, but knowledge on the subject is vague.

Having new data on the possibility of such arms could very well have an impact on many people's ideas on what character to start as, or proficiencies to train in.

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Well, I'm not disagreeing with you, but unless a beta tester wants to break their NDA I don't think we'll know anything for a couple of days.

You might want to go ahead and format a post with the different weapon categories so you can edit them to update a list with new entries as they come in. That would be a good springboard into an updated guide or a wiki or something.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    @CaptRory

I did not mean to infer any deception as to break a Non-Disclosure-Agreement, however, many people are trying to glean as much information as possible as to the creation of a PC. It was my hope that the data on weaponry would be shared.

I would be happy with a simple message of, "Yes, we are implementing new [Flails], [Clubs], [etc.]" There are some proficiencies that seem redundant for any purpose other than role-playing.

Thank you for your support, however! Hopefully, in the days, (hours?) to come, we will have more information available, pre-launch.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    You can check the pre-loaded game files if you want (if it is legal?).