Skip to content

It seems that the iPad version is delayed... :(

From Trent's Twitter:
@TrentOster: iOS build had a game-stopper bug.  With current estimate for app store approval, that puts us into next week.  We're doing all we can.”

So disappointed.... :(

Comments

• Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Sorry to sound egoist, but I think that there's many more person that'll be satisfied by the PC release tomorrow than by the iPad one.

Though, sorry for the delay, I hop it won't last too long before you can play with it.
  • AldaranAldaran Member Posts: 14
    Damn, that's a shame, however I guess these things happen. It probably wouldn't be a big deal if the AppStore approval didn't take so long. I guess I'll be looking forward to next week sometime then!
    Eleutheros
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Sorry to sound egoist, but I think that there's many more person that'll be satisfied by the PC release tomorrow than by the iPad one.

Though, sorry for the delay, I hop it won't last too long before you can play with it.

Well, there's a lot of iPad users out there looking forward to this game.
    Many is just not frequenting this site, but are instead regulars on iOS-centric sites like TouchArcade.com and the likes.
    But of course there's more pc users as of right now. After hopefully positive reviews of the iPad version, I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of users on iOS will multiply many times over..

I've pre-ordered the pc version many months ago, but I'm still very disappointed that it's delayed for iOS... :(
    Ruckus3
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    I have the pc version pre-ordered, however my computer broke a while ago and I won't get a new one until a couple days after the release of bgee on pc, I was hoping to be able to play it on iPad at release. Oh well... :(
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    I wouldn't really call it a delay. The team never said that the App Store versions would come out day and date with the pc version, just that they would try to line them up as close as possible. They have also been very upfront with the nature of the app stores and their approval times.

To be honest, it was always expected that that would be some sort of gap between the multiple releases.
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142

This is a misconception stemming from the fact that many PC users frequent this forum. Trent Oster himself estimates that most users will be using tablets (see his Twitter).
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Risingsun said:

I wouldn't really call it a delay. The team never said that the App Store versions would come out day and date with the pc version, just that they would try to line them up as close as possible. They have also been very upfront with the nature of the app stores and their approval times.

To be honest, it was always expected that that would be some sort of gap between the multiple releases.

True that a gap was maybe expected, however that would be due to the approval process, this delay is due to a bug.
    If the bug hadn't been there, the game likely would have been out on iOS before the pc, as the game was already approved before they found the bug.

Apple releases apps according to New Zealand time zone which on the 28 Nov. is 19 hours earlier than the planned time of release on the PC.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Best it be working and late than broken and early.
    EnialusMeliamneAasimar069
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Plus at least you won't be clogging up the server whilst I download the final piece of the BG:EE install files :P
    Bytebrain
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    iPAD: "I will be the last! You you will go first..."
    Flashburn
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Bytebrain said:

From Trent's Twitter:
    @TrentOster: iOS build had a game-stopper bug.  With current estimate for app store approval, that puts us into next week.  We're doing all we can.”

So disappointed.... :(

Keep in mind there is a difference between being "delayed" and "still awaiting approval".

The PC version has a big advantage because it can be patched right up to the last minute.