Skip to content

new issue in Aurora

Pushing f9 runs the game for testing. But a new issue I have noticed if I save and during the save push "F9"
Major hang... I have to stop the service and reboot the client.

Just me?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Wait until the saving process is complete before pressing F9.
  • monkworksmonkworks Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    Duh...OK

This was not the case before. Something has changed. I am only letting BG know.

You can wait if you like...I personally don't like sloppy programing...
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited July 2018
    I see.

So you're used to seeing the message, "Would you like to save your changes to the module?" when you press F9 while a module is saving like it does in 1.69, compared to it just crashing?

Just tested this myself in the EE Toolset. I modify an area, press the save icon, and while it is saving, press F9. The message box appears asking, "Would you like to save your changes to the module?" If I press Yes, the save continues and it F9 tests the module. If I press No, it just continues doing the initial save and does not F9 test the module. If I press Cancel, it just continues doing the initial save.

No crashes.

You'll probably need to enter in a bug on the bug tracker with detailed specifics, maybe even provide the module it is causing the crash on.
  • monkworksmonkworks Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    It could certainly be me. I have a hak. Thanks for checking.

But without really knowing what you're "running with" who's to know.
    Are you a support person from BD? I am kind of confused why your even involved?

Your responses come off like you all upset I reported this issue. I am not sure its worthy of a full ticket.

That's why a came to forum where we came discuss, right?

From my point of view. I could "mash"F9 all day long for about the last 10 years. But now I can crash my expensive rig... so I have a little concern.. that's about it .