Skip to content

When exactly can we play?

Is it going to be a midnight release for some timezone? You can bet I'll be sitting here at my computer counting down the freakin' minutes...

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I haven't seen a 'time of day' announcement, but my guess is somewhere mid-morning, Pacific Standard Time. Hoping it's 12:01 am GMT (the earliest possible moments of 28 November), but I would be very surpised if that is what happens.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    1PM MDT, which equates to around 19:00 in the UK.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited November 2012
    decado said:

Mountain time is -7 so its actually 8pm in the UK. (Sorry to be the bearer of bad news).
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    decado said:

Any official word you can direct me to?

• leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59

I haven't seen a 'time of day' announcement, but my guess is somewhere mid-morning, Pacific Standard Time. Hoping it's 12:01 am GMT (the earliest possible moments of 28 November), but I would be very surpised if that is what happens.

How could it be that 12:01am GMT is the earliest possible moment of 28 November when I'm currently sitting here with the time being 12:44am on the 28th? already :)

Not all timezones are -x hours GMT. Half are ahead :) Mine is currently +10.5 with daylight savings.

decado said:

Any official word you can direct me to?

Google "Trent Oster twitter" his twitter account will note it probably maybe ten or so hours ago (maybe more can't remember).
    @elminster
    So it does. Good catch.

This is what is on the twitter feed.
    "Trent Oster ‏
    Plan is to set #bgee live on Beamdog at 1:00 pm MDT. We have a four martini lunch and then we start pushing bits."

How could it be that 12:01am GMT is the earliest possible moment of 28 November when I'm currently sitting here with the time being 12:44am on the 28th? already :)

Not all timezones are -x hours GMT. Half are ahead :) Mine is currently +10.5 with daylight savings.
    Damn aussies... :p (I jest)
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@shiny006 We are GMT -6, so I ... haven't got a clue. Too many days of late night have blown my ability to figure out time zones.

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@shiny006 We are GMT -6, so I ... haven't got a clue. Too many days of late night have blown my ability to figure out time zones.

Sounds like Trent needed to get some sleep and rest there :)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Can we play now? :P
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Bad math on my part. In my defense, it is still ungodly early for me. We would want 12:01 am just west of the international date line
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    edited November 2012
    That's brutal. So the game goes live the minute I start my 8 hours shift at work... dafuq?! Curse you Beamdog! Curse you!
  • TamokoTamoko Member Posts: 19
    @leyshjonoe

にほんご・お・はなします・か
  • JarwyJarwy Member Posts: 4
    *sigh* They should simply unlock at the proper times in relation to your timezone. Damn devs, all of them do this.

"Your game finally unlocked, grats! Oh, it's your bedtime already? Well, too bad... for you."
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    We've actually been playing this entire time. The 28th release date at 1pm was all an elaborate scheme to decieve you into waiting. It was all for the lulz.

And bacon.

:|
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    I'm in FL, USA. That will make it, ummm, 3PM I think when us Floridians can start playing the epic goodness. Tomorrow afternoon will mark the start of me melting into my computer chair until I eventually disappear all together through a dimensional portal to the Forgotten Realms. The wife is going to go nuts looking for me....LoL.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    so, to make sure i have this right, on nov 28th at 1 p.m. mountain time, we'll be able to start to download the remaining files from the preload? that kinda sucks as ehhhhh, i work on 3rd and was hoping to download it while i was at work tonight after midnight so i could play for a few mins after i get home from work tomorrow.

Is that right though? tomorrow at 1 pm?
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    10 pm here in Finland. Luckily, I don't have bedtime, and no important lectures next day.
  • TurelusTurelus Member Posts: 23
    Damnit, I was hoping I would be able to wake up and play tomorrow morning.
    If those times are true looks like us UK players will be waiting all day to play.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

Wuhuuu im gonna play it now :P
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Heh, such a troll move. I love it.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    ^Lies¡

Or post more authentic screenies >:P
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    edited July 2016
    Get it going.
    Post edited by loganultima on
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Damn,,,, ;)
    im getting myself on the nerves !!
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    why are the black pits a seperate thing... shouldn't they be accessible from within the game?
    LMTR14 said:

why are the black pits a seperate thing... shouldn't they be accessible from within the game?

They have always been billed as a standalone.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i'm actually okay with this. although i guess it would have been better to be download it in the morning when i'm out at work and play when i get home.

thinking about it, i bet that the download won't be done till like midnight and i can't play it friday evening or the weekend

i withdraw my initial comment...that sucks :(